An expansion joint is a material placed in the joints between concrete slabs to protect the slabs from cracking when they contract and expand with the dramatic changes in Houston area temperatures. Think of it as a shock absorber, absorbing the stress from the slab's movement.
Here is just some of what the job entails –
1. First of all, debris is swept away from the site.
2. The old material needs to be removed…probably with a putty knife.
3. Clean out the joints with a wet vac.
4. Apply the adhesive with a brush.
5. Cover and then seal the joint.
Do you want it done professionally, or are you prepared for a less than perfect job that will affect the look of your property? May we suggest Laird Landscaping of Katy serving the Houston area with quality landscaping work including expansion joint replacement? Call Trey and the crew at Laird Landscaping for an estimate at (281) 578-2795.