Now may be just the right time to have that patio cover built to protect you from the searing Houston summer sun. Making patio cover plans assumes that the existing structure is capable of supporting a new patio cover roof. This is the time to consult a structural professional such as Laird Landscaping serving the greater Houston area.
There are a few things that you need to accomplish before drawing up patio cover plans…
• Wood construction – the proper wood choice
• Shingles to match the existing residence
• Outside beam height to have a minimum of 6' 8" clearance
• Roofing nails should not show through the bottom of the roof decking
• Use 4 x 8 x 5/8" T 111 4" O.C. plywood roof decking (for a plank-like visual appearance)
• 6x6 posts
• 4x6 beam
• 2x4 rafters
There are several tricks of the trade that require professional expertise. Do you wish to cover an existing roof or wall? If that is the case you must take all measurements from the point at which the patio will attach to the existing structure. Let me stop you there. HIRE A PROFESSIONAL! This project is not a DIY job. It is one that you trust to the experienced experts at Laird Landscaping. If you are in the Houston area, call them today at (281) 578-2795.